Friday, January 31, 2014

Something New, Something Old, Something Free

This week I've been enjoying browsing through my collection of vintage crochet and knitting books and magazines. I also spent quite a bit (probably too much) looking on line and was thrilled to find some new patterns to my collection. There were also a lot of patterns out there on line that are not actually vintage, but are called that. Even came across a few that shouldn't be offered, but that's another story.

What I wanted to share with you is a great website for crocheters that love vintage patterns. Before you buy, be sure to check out: http://freevintagecrochet.com/
It's a wonderful site filled with restored vintage patterns that you can instantly download. The also offer the completely restored leaflets at extremely reasonable prices. All of these patterns are in the public domain and can be shared. During my searches I've come across numerous sellers who offer these patterns for sale, so you definitely want to check before buying. Here are just a few of the patterns they have to share. It can be a little tricky working with vintage patterns, getting gauge isn't always easy, but trying something new for free always makes it a little more fun.









No comments:

Post a Comment